The UAE-Bangladesh Investment Company Limited

Erectors House (5th Floor) 18, Kemal Ataturk Avenue Banani C/A, Dhaka

Telephone : 9888203
Fax : 58810718
E-mail : ubico@dhaka.net
Website : www.ubinco.com


Key Milestones: November 08, 1986: Agreement signed between the UAE and Bangladesh Government. June 11, 1987 : Incorporation of UBICO March 15,1989 : Establishment of Corporate office December 18, 1995 : Licence by the Central bank of Bangladesh. December 08, 1997 : Signing of First Investment Agreement. July 20, 2015 : Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Certification. The UAE-Bangladesh Investment Company Limited (UBICO) is a Development Financial Institution(DFI). It was established under the joint initiative of late H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the founder and President of the United Arab Emirate and the Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. The strong desire and sincere realization of late H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan to extend assistance to Arab, Islamic and friendly developing countries to overcome economic hardship and challenges was the main philosophy behind to set up the company. Accordingly in the year 1986, a joint protocol for collaboration was signed between then two Government to establish the company. UBICO was floated as a Private Limited Company with the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) an integral part of the UAE Government and Government of Bangladesh as the two share holders. It was incorporated on June 11, 1987 under the Bnagladesh Companies Act 1913 with its head office in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The company started its business in June 1989. Of its share, 60% was paid by ADFD and remaining 40% by the Government of Bangladesh. Subsequently, under the financial institution act 1993, Bangladesh Bank ( Central bank of Bangladesh) granted licence to UBICO in 1995 to operate as Financial Institution. Vision: To contribute towards Socio-Economic Development of Bangladesh. Mission: To invest in Financially viable socio-economic development projects of Bangladesh. Values: We give priority for the socio-economic development projects of Bangladesh. We act in the best interest of Bangladesh. We foster a qualitative management system. We prefer integrity and transparency. We operate efficiently and effectively. We respect and value each other as partner. Investment Policy: UBICO abides all national and international standards as benchmark for its investment and financing activities. World bank environmental standards and core labour standards of the International Labour Organization (ILO) is also the primary criteria to consider any investment proposal. Besides above, UBICO prefers to consider any projects/investment on the following crieteria: It should be environmental and social compatiable It should creat jobs and income It should create Foreign Exchange earning scope for the country It should transfer technology and expertise to the local It should contribute to expand local business sector It is not a toatlly commercial organization focusing only on profitability, but a development financial institution. UBICO would like to fulfill its role and commitment by acting as, a dependable financing partner and to ensure that the investment have positive effects for the country/nation. SME Financing Policy In line with Bangladesh Bank policy and program on SME finance, which is the life-blood of economic activities and employment-generation opportunity of Bangladesh, the UAE-Bangladesh Investment Company Limited (UBICO) is fully dedicated to participate in development of the SME sector jointly with banks, other financial institutions, Non-Government Organizations and Micro Credit Financing Entities by using their platform to reach the SME aspirant candidates and women entrepreneurs to extend them the required financial facilities. Membership: Foreign Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) International Chamber of Commerce - Bangladesh (ICC) The Institute of Bankers - Bangladesh (IBB) Auditor: AHKC, AZIZ HALIM KHAIR CHOWDHURY,Chartered Accountants Legal Advisor : Mr. Rafiqul Huq, Bar-at-law Mr. Kamal ul Alam, Bar-at-law Mr. Forrukh Rahman, Bar-at-law Mr. Sayed Rezaur Rahman, Advocate CSR activities : Providing financial assiatence to Flood Affected people Providing financial assiatence to SIDR affected people Extending training facilities to the employees. Extending training facilities to the fresh graduate of different reputed Universities.

Get in Touch

Contact Address
Suvastu Tower (6th Floor)
69/1, Panthapath, Dhaka 1205,
Bangladesh

Tel: +880-2-9676698, 9641286
Fax: +880-2-9641287
E-mail: info@iccbangladesh.org.bd

Website: www.iccbangladesh.org.bd